|Caribou Municipal Building
25 High St
Caribou, Maine 04736
|Phone: (207) 493-4234
Fax: (207) 376-0178
|Applicants||Section 8 Participants||Speciality Programs||Landlords||Community Resources||About Us||
SECTION 8/HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER PROGRAM
The Caribou Housing Authority provides Caribou residents with stable, quality and affordable housing. Caribou Housing only offers one type of housing for low-income families and individuals.
- Section 8/Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) is a rental assistance program that can be used at various properties around the Caribou area
In most cases Section 8 participants, pay 30% to 40% of their monthly adjusted income toward rent.
There are several factors that determine if someone is eligible for Section 8 Assistance. Your income, housing situation or priority, and immigration status are all considered. Eligibility details are contained in the Housing Authority Administrative Plan, which is based on state and federal regulations.
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List is OPEN, and accepting applications.
For information on how to apply for Caribou Housing Authority’s waiting list, please click here.
- To find out more information on the eligibility process, click here.
- If you are currently on the waiting list, and need to make changes, please click here.
- The Caribou Housing Authority cannot estimate how long your wait will be, nor tell you what number you are.
WAITING LIST Q & A
- For more information about the waiting list, see our Q&A page.