The Most Northeastern City in the United States.

Security Deposit

Caribou Municipal Building
25 High St
Caribou, Maine 04736
Lisa Plourde, Executive Director
Sue Ouellette, FSS/Homeownership
Phone: (207) 493-4234
Fax: (207) 376-0178


About Us

General Information

New Voucher Holder Information

Applicant Information

Participant Information

Landlord Information

Landlord Benefits

Landlord Responsibilities

Selecting a Section 8 Family as a Tenant

Housing Inspections

Security Deposits

HAP Contract & Lease

HAP Payments & Direct Deposit

Requesting a Rent Increase and/or Utility Change

Terminating a Lease

 Change in Landlord/Management Information

Non-Discrimination and Accessibility for Persons with Disability

Violence Against Women Act

Program Forms

Reasonable Accommodation

Report Fraud

Questions & Answers

Community Resources



Follow the Caribou Housing Agency on Facebook


Equal Housing Opportunity

The landlord can charge a security deposit in accordance with his/her practices and state law.  The amount of the deposit must be entered on the Request for Tenancy Approval (RTA) form.  If the tenant leaves without notice or damages the unit, the landlord may use the deposit as allowed under state law.   The Housing Agency is not responsible for claims against the tenant.