The Most Northeastern City in the United States.

Requesting a Rent Increase and/or Utility Change

Caribou Municipal Building
25 High St
Caribou, Maine 04736
Lisa Plourde, Executive Director
Sue Ouellette, FSS/Homeownership
Phone: (207) 493-4234
Fax: (207) 376-0178


About Us

General Information

Applicant Information

Participant Information

Landlord Information

Landlord Benefits

Selecting a Section 8 Family as a Tenant

Housing Inspections

 Security Deposits

HAP Contract & Lease

HAP Payments & Direct Deposit

Requesting a Rent Increase and/or Utility Change

Terminating Lease

Change in Landlord/Management Information

Non-Discrimination and Accessibility for Persons with Disability

Violence Against Women Act

Program Forms

Reasonable Accommodation

Report Fraud

Questions & Answers

Community Resources


Follow the Caribou Housing Agency on Facebook


Equal Housing Opportunity

Rent increase can be requested at any time after the initial term of the lease and must be approved by the Housing Agency. The rent requested can be no more than comparable market rents.   If the proposed rent increase raises the rent above the current market rent the proposed rent increase would have to be lowered so it does not exceed the current market rent comparables.

To request a rent increase, use the Rent Increase Request form.

If there is disagreement regarding the Housing Agency’s determination of a comparable rent, the landlord may appeal the determination by completing the Owner’s Submittal of Comparable Rents form for review.