The Most Northeastern City in the United States.

When You May Request an Informal Hearing

Caribou Municipal Building
25 High St
Caribou, Maine 04736
Lisa Plourde, Executive Director
Sue Ouellette, FSS/Homeownership
Phone: (207) 493-4234
Fax: (207) 376-0178


About Us

General Information

Applicant Information

Participant Information

Reporting Changes

Annual Re-examinations

Interim Re-examinations

Rent Changes

Housing Inspections


Terminating a Lease


Most Common Program Violations

Termination of Section 8 HCV

Informal Hearing

When You May Request Informal Hearing

Elective Programs

Landlord Information

Housing Inspections

Program Forms

Reasonable Accommodation

Report Fraud

Community Resources




News & Events   

The Caribou Housing Agency has moved!  We are now located on the first floor of the Caribou Municipal Building.

Equal Housing Opportunity

When You May Request an Informal Hearing

The Housing Agency will program participants an opportunity to request an Informal Hearing to consider whether the following determinations are in accordance with law, HUD regulations and/or Housing Agency rules, in the following cases:

  1. The family’s annual or adjusted income, and the use of such income to compute the housing assistance payment.
  2. The appropriate utility allowance (if any) for tenant-paid utilities from the Housing Agency’s utility allowance schedule.
  3. The family unit size under the Housing Agency subsidy standards.
  4. Termination of assistance for a participant family because of the family’s action or failure to act.
  5. Termination of assistance because the participant family has been absent from the assisted unit for longer than the maximum period permitted under Housing Agency policy and HUD rules.

For information on regarding how to request an Informal Hearing, please see the Hearing & Appeals Q & A.