The Most Northeastern City in the United States.

Terminating a Lease

Caribou Municipal Building
25 High St
Caribou, Maine 04736
Lisa Plourde, Executive Director
Sue Ouellette, FSS/Homeownership
Phone: (207) 493-4234
Fax: (207) 376-0178


About Us

General Information

Applicant Information

Participant Information

Reporting Changes

Annual Re-examinations

Interim Re-examinations

Rent Changes

Housing Inspections


Terminating a Lease


Most Common Program Violations


Elective Programs

Landlord Information

Housing Inspections

Program Forms

Reasonable Accommodation

Report Fraud

Questions & Answers

Community Resources


 Follow the Caribou Housing Agency on Facebook


Equal Housing Opportunity

If you wish to move you must check the terms of your lease to ensure that you will not be in violation of the lease terms by moving.   You must also give your landlord appropriate notice according to your lease. If you intend to stay in the Section 8 program and use your voucher, you must receive prior approval from the Housing Agency.

If you violate the terms of your lease the landlord can take any action, up to and including eviction, in accordance with the law and the terms of the lease.  You can also lose your voucher if you are evicted for cause.

The landlord can leave the program at the end of any lease term. If you are in good standing with no lease or program violations, you may use your voucher to find another rental.