The Most Northeastern City in the United States.


Caribou Municipal Building
25 High St
Caribou, Maine 04736
Lisa Plourde, Executive Director
Sue Ouellette, FSS/Homeownership
Phone: (207) 493-4234
Fax: (207) 376-0178


About Us

General Information

Applicant Information

New Voucher Holder Information

Voucher Briefing

Obligations of the Family

Voucher Term & Suspensions

How to Lease a Unit

Ways to Locate a Unit

Things to Consider when Choosing a Unit

Ownership Limitations

Subsidy Standards

Security Deposit Information

Providing Tenant Information to Landlords

How to Submit Your Request for Tenancy Approval

Rent Reasonableness

40% Affordability Process

Housing Inspections

HAP Contract & Lease


Hearings & Appeals

Participant Information

Landlord Information

Program Forms

Reasonable Accommodation

Report Fraud

Community Resources




News & Events   

The Caribou Housing Agency has moved!  We are now located on the first floor of the Caribou Municipal Building.

Equal Housing Opportunity

If Caribou Housing Agency decides to terminate the contract with you or your landlord, both will be notified.  In most cases, you have the right to request an informal hearing to dispute a termination decision.

By the Housing Agency

The Housing Authority may terminate your assistance when your income increases to the point that the assistance is not needed.  It may also be terminated because you have not fulfilled program obligations. Caribou Housing Agency will terminate your assistance if:

  • Any household member engages in drug-related criminal activity or violence against persons or property, or is subject to a sex offender registration requirement.
  • There are serious and repeated violations of the lease, documented by the landlord.
  • A member of the household seriously disturbs neighbors or destroys property, documented by the landlord, neighbors, and police reports.
  • Any household member commits fraud, bribery or any other corrupt or criminal act.
  • The household owes rent or other amounts to the Housing Authority or another public housing authority and fails to stay current on a payment plan.
  • The household fails to submit income documentation or other information requested by the Housing Authority, including Social Security numbers or consent forms.
  • No member of the household has eligible immigration status.
  • Any household member engages in actual physical abuse or threatens abusive or violent behavior toward a resident, member of the public or Housing Authority personnel.
  • The household violates any other program rules.

By you

You can terminate assistance at any time by voluntarily giving up your voucher. If this happens, the lease remains in effect, and you will be responsible for paying the entire rent amount. The terms of the Tenancy Addendum no longer apply if you stop participating in the program.

By the landlord

If you are evicted by your landlord, your assistance is terminated and the Housing Agency stops sending housing assistance payments to the landlord.

The landlord may evict a tenant who violates the lease, but any eviction must be done in accordance with the lease and state and local law. Landlords must send copies of any eviction notices to the Housing Authority at the same time they are sent to the tenant.

Termination of the landlord’s contract

The Housing Agency may stop making assistance payments to the landlord and terminate their contract if they breach their contract, violate the lease, or do not abide by other terms of the program.