The Most Northeastern City in the United States.

Report Fraud

Caribou Municipal Building
25 High St
Caribou, Maine 04736
Lisa Plourde, Executive Director
Sue Ouellette, FSS/Homeownership
Phone: (207) 493-4234
Fax: (207) 376-0178



About Us

General Information

Applicant Information

Participant Information

Landlord Information
Program Forms

Reasonable Accommodation

Report Fraud

Community Resources




News & Events   

The Caribou Housing Agency has moved!  We are now located on the first floor of the Caribou Municipal Building.

Equal Housing Opportunity

Reporting fraud is everyone’s responsibility.  Precious resources used to assist with housing subsidies for well-deserving households are not available for some, due to fraudulent behavior.  Please report suspected fraud.  All reports of fraud will be investigated and kept confidential.

report_fraudTenant fraud includes but is not limited to:

  • Allowing unauthorized persons to reside in the subsidized unit
  • Failing to report all household income
  • Renting from a relative without Housing Authority approval
  • Subleasing the subsidized unit

Owner/Landlord fraud includes but is not limited to:

  • Accepting Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) for vacant units
  • Charging rent payments in excess of the amount stated in the lease
  • Posing as the current owner of a property when you are not the owner

Beware of Housing Assistance Scams!

  • Never pay money to apply for Section Eight.
  • Never pay money to a Housing Authority Employee.
  • Never pay money to move up on a waiting list.
  • Always get a receipt for money that you pay.
  • Legitimate Housing Authority Employees and Housing Managers always conduct business at their office and will issue a receipt for money paid.

If you suspect fraud is occurring in any of our programs, please report the matter promptly.  All reports are confidential and you can remain anonymous.  Please provide as much information as possible about the person/household suspected and the fraudulent activity.

Suspected fraud can be reported by one of the methods listed below.

  • Send an email to
  • Send a letter to Caribou Housing Agency:

Caribou Housing Agency
25 High Street
Caribou ME  04736