The State of Maine requires all cities of populations over 4,000 to enforce the Maine Uniform Building and Energy Code (MUBEC) as well.
- General Information
- 2015 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2015 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2015 International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- 2015 Uniform Plumbing Code
- 2015 Subsurface Disposal Rules
- Plumbing Fees
- Electrical Permits
Recently Adopted Rules for the Bureau of Building Codes and Standards
Note: The Caribou City Council repealed the Electrical Code after a public hearing on June 9, 2014. Therefore, electrical permits will be available only be issued by the State of Maine to a Master Electrician. You can apply online here.