- This event has passed.
Caribou Days & Caribou Cares About Kids Parade
August 4, 2017 @ 10:00 am - August 5, 2017 @ 2:00 pm
Caribou Days & the Caribou Cares About Kids Parade! August 4th and 5th, 2017
Celebrate the City of Caribou’s 50th Birthday! The Town voted at the March 1967 town meeting to accept the City Council-Manager Charter, officially making Caribou a City. So, we are having a birthday bash!
Friday, August 4th – Click here to participate in the parade!
- 10am to 2pm – Tie Dye and hot dog cookout at the Rec. Center!
- 6 to 7pm – Caribou Cares About Kids Parade with special guests, the Aroostook Anah Shrine Klown Unit
- 7:15 to 8pm – Music, games, food & fun in the park (Teague Park)
- 8:15pm – Movie in the park: Enjoy Zootopia under the stars, sponsored by Cary Medical Center & Pines Health Services. Popcorn & snacks will be available.
Saturday, August 5th
- 10am to 2pm– Inflatables, games, food vendors and music in Teague Park! All activities are FREE! (Most food and other vendor items are not free.)
- Caribou Parks & Recreation Inflatable Playland – enjoy bounce houses and a water slide.
- Caribou Public Library & United Way of Aroostook Children’s Book Exchange – keep up your summer reading goals! Trade your gently used books for new-to-you-books at the Book Exchange Tent.
- The Lego Tent – have fun with bricks, minifigs and the Thursdays on Sweden Street Lego kids!
- Twin Riverswood Knights & Ladies Tea – a unique medieval presentation in the park gazebo.
- Horseplay Farm – pony rides and unicorn pictures.
- Bricks & Stones Masonry Concrete Garden Creations – paint your own Fairy Door, dragonfly or beetle garden stone with the Bricks & Stones Masonry family (first 100 children).
- Hot dogs, soda and strawberry shortcakes will be available for purchase from the Caribou Kiwanis Club and ice cream from KTC’s Brain Freeze.
Plus, participate in some of these other Caribou events:
- Thursdays on Sweden Street – 6pm to 9pm on August 3
- The Warehouse Bar & Grill Teen Night – 9pm to Midnight on August 3
- The Northern Maine Brewing Company Beer & BBQ Fest – 1pm to 10pm on August 5.
For more information contact Christina Kane-Gibson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosted by the City of Caribou