The Caribou City Council will hold a Public Hearing on Monday, March 25, 2019 at 6:00 pm in City Council Chambers at City Hall, 25 High Street. The hearing is to receive public comment on Ordinance No. 02, 2019 Series an Ordinance Amending Chapter 13, Section 13-600, Flood Hazard Area Regulations. Copies of the Ordinance are available in the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall, 25 High Street and below. Interested individuals are encouraged to attend.
January 2019 “The City of Caribou recognizes the value of being part of the Maine Downtown Center’s Affiliate Program,” says Christina Kane-Gibson, City of Caribou Events & Marketing Director. ”The Main Street approach is a proven method of transformation that will bring our community even closer. I think our team is most excited about collaborating with the citizens and businesses who want to create positive change and economic opportunities in downtown Caribou.” Full Press Release Here.
The winner of the $50.00 Veterinarian Certificate is Thor owned by Peter & Wynne Freeman. Congratulations! Thank you for licensing your dog!
If any businesses are interested in receiving CDBG funding, please contact City Manager Dennis Marker before January 31, 2019 at 207-493-3324, Ext 230.
The Caribou Public Access Channel is no longer Channel 8 on cable. It has been moved to Channel 1301.
Why Tourism Matters to Aroostook County
Did you know?
- In 2017, $155 million dollars was spent by tourism visitors coming to Aroostook County
- How were those dollars spent?
- Retail sales- over $35 million
- Lodging- over $48 million
- Restaurants and food services- $47 million
- Fuel- nearly $18 million
- Recreation- $15 million
- 2,752 jobs were supported by The County’s tourism income, generating over $53.3 million dollars in total earnings
- An estimated 1.4 million visitors came to The County
At this event, you will learn about:
- The current state of hospitality and tourism in the County
- Why and how tourism impacts your bottom line
- The importance of Destination Marketing
- Little to no cost ways to market your business
Registration fee: $25 | RSVP by October 1st for only $20!
Registration and networking at 8:30am | Sessions begin 9:00am
Buffet style lunch will be served at noon during keynote.
Please register now to take advantage of our Early Bird Registration Discount!
The Airport Advisory Committee will meet on the third Thursday of each month @ 6:00 pm at the Caribou Municipal Airport.
The City of Caribou accepts credit/debit cards from Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.